TYPES OF MASSAGE
My goal is to help you find and restore balance to your body by combining manual therapies, assessment and a focused treatment plan.
* Swedish massage
- has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving joint function It has also been shown to be helpful in individuals with poor circulation and symptoms related to stress.
* Deep tissue massage
- designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity, such as athletes, and patients who have sustained physical injury.
* Myofascial release
- manual massage technique for stretching the fascia (a connective tissue that surrounds muscles, joints and other structures in the body) and releasing bonds between fascia and muscles with the goal of eliminating pain and increasing range of motion.
* Pre/Post Natal massage
- massage during pregnancy is therapeutic bodywork which focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of the childbirth experience. The aim of Post-natal massage is to give nurturing and emotional support as well as alleviate the muscle strain of labor and childbirth.
* Lymphatic drainage
- a very gentle type of massage therapy used to drain excess fluid from the body and improve the overall functioning of the lymphatic (immune) system. It is most commonly used to treat Lymphedema, which is characterized by the blockage of lymph nodes in the arms and legs.
* Relaxation massage
- is a soothing and stress-relieving massage. With Swedish or Deep Tissue techniques, you will benefit from increased blood circulation, relaxation of tight muscles and calming and centering of the mind.